Simple Tips And Guide To Plan Your Parent’s 80th Birthday Party
It is a privilege to be able to plan a birthday party for any of your parents. An eightieth birthday is even more special as it is a milestone that many people dont reach in their lives.
Birthday parties are happy and festive events, but as people get older, special care should be taken to take their needs and wishes into consideration.
There are a few things that you should take into account when planning this party.
– Some elderly people are full of fun and energy and might enjoy a surprise party. You know your parents best and will know if this will be enjoyable to them. With most elderly people, it might be better to let them in on the arrangements.
– It is a vast task, but try and find a date that would suit all children and grandchildren. While your parent might love to have the entire family and all his or her friends there, it will be the most important for him or her if all the children and grandchildren can be there.
– Decide on where you are going to have the party and how many guests can be invited. Let your parent decide who they want to invite. There is no sense in inviting the old battle-axe aunt that always complains about everything, if she and your mother or father cant stand each other, in any case. On the other hand, dont complain or refuse if he or she wants to invite the somewhat less moral divorcee with the bottle-blond hair that lives next door. This person might provide more friendship and support than many other close friends or relatives.
– Decide on a theme and a time. For older people, a morning or afternoon event is sometimes more feasible. Some older people go to bed early or dont like going out at night.
– Plan the menu. It might be sensible to mention on the invitations that people with specific dietary requirements should inform you about this before the time.
– Keep the menu simple but elegant. Again, this is your parents choice and if he or she wants some exotic foods, make sure you add that to the menu. You are usually safe if you have food that meets vegetarian requirements as well as something meaty for those who feel they havent eaten if there were no meat dishes. For those guests with serious dietary requirements you can ask the caterer to prepare special meals.
Make it a special day and an act of love that your parent will always remember and cherish.